Since becoming a dad I've noticed a change in what I care and don't care about anymore.
1. When people drive fast down a neighborhood street. I never did it myself, but unless it was the equivalent of the Daytona 500 I didn't really care. Now I'm like one of those old men standing out by the street shaking my fist as irresponsible teenagers go 26 MPH down the street.
2. The dogs being inside. The poor things. Scarlett used to be the only other living species in our house that got attention. Now, she's outside most of the time. The thought of her uncivilized self walking through her own feces and then tracking it in the house followed by Paxton crawling though it doesn't sit well with me.
[Side note- She started to get fat because she would just be outside all day laying on the porch. So we got her a puppy. Now she's lost weight so she can break out of the prison our house has become]
3. I don't like being in crowded spaces. I used to not mind it as much (in doses). Now, all I can think about is the guy next to me who may have the bat disease from the movie Contagion and he's breathing on my son. It's enough to give me an anxiety attack.
4. Speaking of movies, I have noticed that movies take a different affect on me. When a kid gets kidnapped or hurt it stays with me. SPOILER ALERT: I went around and locked the screen doors after the main character's baby was kidnapped on the TV show Sons of Anarchy.
This is probably just a shortlist. I plan to revisit. Unless I stop caring about this.
You are such a good daddy. Pax is lucky to have you protecting him.
ReplyDeleteThanks! You make a pretty great mom, too.
Delete