Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The birthday shadow

I mentioned in a previous post that since I became a dad there are things that I do and don't care about as much anymore.
I just celebrated my 26th birthday this week. However, Paxton's first birthday is at the end of the month. His birthday is like the Empire State Building and mine is the small apartment complex behind it. It completely overshadows mine. Bad analogy. You get the point.
My wife still did an amazing job. She wrote a heartfelt blog post and did little things throughout the day to make it special.
I'm just not as excited about my own birthday anymore. I'm more than a quarter century old, so my next big milestone age to look forward to is retirement.
It's good though. It seems that first birthdays are huge. It's a celebration for new parents because they kept their kid alive for one year. For me, I'm just glad that it's another birthday in the books and my thinning hair has decided to stay around for another year.
I was told that he drew this. But, as you can see she probably drew it and he did what he does best...





No comments:

Post a Comment