Sunday, April 1, 2012

Heading to the Big D - I mean Dallas

We have some close friends that are having their first baby in May (ROOKIES!). I don't know what the men of my generation did wrong, but a lot of wedding and baby showers are "couple showers" which sounds pretty dirty to me. Luckily this was a female shower (also sounds dirty) but I accompanied Caitlynne to Dallas with Paxton. My plan was to hang out with the husband for some much needed bro time.

Dallas is only about a 3 hour drive from OKC, and we've taken Paxton on shorter road trips before. But that was when he slept in the car and didn't have a personality. Now, he has no problem letting us know when he's unhappy about something. So, we were a bit nervous about this trip.

I think I got a good handle on some tricks of traveling with a one year old.
First, take plenty of time to plan the packing situation. this is really true for any age of baby. Caitlynne and I could take a duffel bag for the two of us for a weekend trip. Ha, not anymore.




This was just the cargo area. The backset was pretty full too. Pack-and-plays, food, diapers, a million sets of clothes, etc.

Don't worry about stopping to keep the baby happy.




That turns into this real fast




And if you happen to get the chance to stop at a Chicken Express, I would recommend it.





Take notice of the different things you see. I told my wife I never wanted the stick people family stickers on my back window. But this... I could make an exception.





And don't be scared when you see strange robots that will recharge your futuristic cars.





That right there will get you to your destination in a safe and calm manner (oh yeah, start your drive right before nap time. That helps too). To get home just remember that installation is opposite of removal so do the same thing over.

Oh yeah, don't forget to not lose your kid in the hotel room.





No comments:

Post a Comment