There are few things in life that feel like Coca-Cola pouring into your body. The initial burn followed by the chilling sensation as it goes down my throat. It's unmatched by any beverage.
But as I got older I realized the unhealthy consequences that go with drinking a refreshing Coke. So, despite the chills, fevers and all other drug addicted symptoms I was able to switch to diet since it's all my wife will drink. This was no easy process. It was months and months until I was dull to the bland taste of diet.
So what's the problem? I'll tell you. Put your patient pants on. Pregnancy is a very weird thing. We always talk about the food that women crave. This time the story is about the aversions. My wife went from loving Diet Coke to hating it. All she wanted was the hard stuff. So, naturally we switched. 9 months of a straight Coke high and now a baby is here.
The story ends with my wife being able to go back to Diet Coke like she flipped a light switch. I didn't have hormonal swings and chemical imbalances that made me want to go back to Coke. I was just along for the ride. I don't have a switch to turn back off. What an evil trick she played on me.
Haha this is hilarious because it's exactly what happened. Hormones.
ReplyDelete